Population Demographics

  • The city's population is 27.2% college educated and 88.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • Men make up 48.5% of the population and females make up 51.5%.
  • Powell, WY has a population of 6,314.
  • The top three races (in population) are: White [93.7%], Hispanic [9.4%] and Two or more races [1.7%].
  • 3.6% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 96.4% was born in the United States.
  • 52.7% of the city's population is married. The other 47.3% are single.

» More about the Powell Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The break down for commute times in Powell, WY is: 72.7% under 25 mins, 17.4% 25-45 mins, and 9.9% above 45 minutes.
  • As of the last census, the Powell, WY unemployment rate of 6.8% was better than the 7.9% national average.
  • Powell, WY has a poverty rate of 6.8%.
  • The median worker income in Powell, WY is $21,908.
  • Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Powell, WY.

» More about the Powell economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • The typical home has 6 rooms.
  • $1,106 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
  • The median age of homes in Powell, WY is 43 years.
  • 62.0% of homes are owner occupied and 27.7% are rented.

» More about the Powell homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below contains Powell, WY. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

82435  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856