- The city's population is 27.2% college educated and 88.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Men make up 48.5% of the population and females make up 51.5%.
- Powell, WY has a population of 6,314.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [93.7%], Hispanic [9.4%] and Two or more races [1.7%].
- 3.6% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 96.4% was born in the United States.
- 52.7% of the city's population is married. The other 47.3% are single.
- The break down for commute times in Powell, WY is: 72.7% under 25 mins, 17.4% 25-45 mins, and 9.9% above 45 minutes.
- As of the last census, the Powell, WY unemployment rate of 6.8% was better than the 7.9% national average.
- Powell, WY has a poverty rate of 6.8%.
- The median worker income in Powell, WY is $21,908.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Powell, WY.
- The typical home has 6 rooms.
- $1,106 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
- The median age of homes in Powell, WY is 45 years.
- 62.0% of homes are owner occupied and 27.7% are rented.
The map below contains Powell, WY. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.