Population Demographics

  • 2.6% of the county's population was not born in the United States. The other 97.4% was born in the United States.
  • The population of Green, WI is 36,842.
  • The county's residents are 49.5% men and 50.5% women.
  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [96.6%], Hispanic [2.8%] and Two or more races [0.9%].
  • 90.1% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 17.6% have college degrees.
  • The county's residents are 59.2% married and 40.8% single.

» More about the Green Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The Green, WI poverty rate of 7.9% is lower than the national average.
  • At the time of the last census, the Green, WI unemployment rate was 5.4%.
  • The average worker works 40 hours a week in Green, WI.
  • Typical commute times differ throughout the county. However, overall 61.4% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 22.7% commute 25-45 mins, and 15.8% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
  • In Green, WI, the median worker income is $30,753. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.

» More about the Green economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below shows Green, WI. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856