- The top three races (in population) are: White [77.3%], Hispanic [11.2%] and Asian [7.2%].
- The population of Washington is 6,724,540, making it the 13th most populated state.
- The state's residents are 53.8% married and 46.2% single.
- 12.7% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 87.3% was born in the United States.
- The state's population is 29.0% college educated and 89.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Men make up 49.8% of the population and women make up 50.2%.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 58.1% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 26.5% commute 25-45 mins, and 15.5% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- The median worker income in Washington is $31,880.
- The Washington poverty rate of 11.1% is lower than the national average.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Washington.
- At the time of the last census, the Washington unemployment rate was 7.6%.
The map below shows Washington. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.