- The population of Vermont is 625,741, making it the 50th most populated state.
- The state's population is 31.0% college educated and 90.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- The state's residents are 49.3% men and 50.7% women.
- The majority (95.3%) of the Vermont population is White.
- The state's population is 96.0% native born and 4.0% foreign born.
- 47.4% of people in Vermont are single and 52.6% are married.
- The Vermont unemployment rate was 5.9%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
- In Vermont, the median worker income is $27,320. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- The poverty rate for Vermont is 10.4%.
- The break down for commute times in Vermont is: 66.3% under 25 mins, 22.7% 25-45 mins, and 11.0% above 45 minutes.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Vermont.
The map below displays Vermont. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.