- 45.7% of people in Virginia are single and 54.3% are married.
- 86.1% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 31.4% have college degrees.
- Men make up 49.1% of the population and females make up 50.9%.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [68.6%], Black or African American [19.4%] and Hispanic [7.9%].
- 89.2% of people in Virginia were born U.S. citizens, while 10.8% were born outside of the country.
- Virginia has a population of 8,001,024 and is the 12th most populous state.
- As of the last census, the Virginia unemployment rate of 5.9% was better than the 7.9% national average.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 54.6% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 27.4% commute 25-45 mins, and 18.0% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- The poverty rate for Virginia is 9.5%.
- The median worker income in Virginia is $33,027.
- The average worker works 40 hours a week in Virginia.
The map below contains Virginia. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.