Population Demographics

  • Utah has a population of 2,763,885 people. That is the 35th largest state population
  • Of the state's population 50.2% are males and 49.8% are women.
  • 59.4% of the state's population is married. The other 40.6% are single.
  • The state's population is 27.7% college educated and 90.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • 91.8% of people in Utah were born U.S. citizens, while 8.2% were born outside of the country.
  • The majority (86.1%) of the Utah population is White.

» More about the Utah Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The Utah poverty rate of 10.3% is lower than the national average.
  • The Utah unemployment rate was 5.9%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
  • The break down for commute times in Utah is: 68.8% under 25 mins, 21.7% 25-45 mins, and 9.4% above 45 minutes.
  • Typically, people work 37/hrs per week in Utah.
  • In Utah, the median worker income is $26,353. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.

» More about the Utah economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below displays Utah. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856