Population Demographics

  • Men make up 49.0% of the population and females make up 51.0%.
  • The population of Tarrant, TX is 1,809,034.
  • The county's population is 27.3% college educated and 83.8% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • The county's residents are 54.7% married and 45.3% single.
  • 15.6% of the county's population was not born in the United States. The other 84.4% was born in the United States.
  • The majority (66.6%) of the Tarrant, TX population is White.

» More about the Tarrant Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • Of workers, 54.7% commute under 25 mins, 30.4% travel 25-45 mins, and 14.9% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
  • Tarrant, TX has a poverty rate of 11.2%.
  • The median worker income in Tarrant, TX is $31,153.
  • The Tarrant, TX unemployment rate was 7.4%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
  • The average worker works 40 hours a week in Tarrant, TX.

» More about the Tarrant economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below displays Tarrant, TX. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856