- The population of Harris, TX is 4,092,459.
- The county's population is 25.7% college educated and 77.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- 52.1% of the county's population is married. The other 47.9% are single.
- The county's residents are 49.8% men and 50.2% women.
- 75.0% of people in Harris, TX were born U.S. citizens, while 25.0% were born outside of the country.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [56.6%], Hispanic [40.8%] and Black or African American [18.9%].
- Of workers, 50.2% commute under 25 mins, 31.7% travel 25-45 mins, and 18.2% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- Harris, TX workers work 41/hrs per week on average.
- The median worker income in Harris, TX is $29,087.
- At the time of the last census, the Harris, TX unemployment rate was 7.3%.
- Harris, TX has a poverty rate of 14.0%.
The map below shows Harris, TX. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.