Population Demographics

  • The population of Harris, TX is 4,092,459.
  • The county's population is 25.7% college educated and 77.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • 52.1% of the county's population is married. The other 47.9% are single.
  • The county's residents are 49.8% men and 50.2% women.
  • 75.0% of people in Harris, TX were born U.S. citizens, while 25.0% were born outside of the country.
  • The top three races (in population) are: White [56.6%], Hispanic [40.8%] and Black or African American [18.9%].

» More about the Harris Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • Of workers, 50.2% commute under 25 mins, 31.7% travel 25-45 mins, and 18.2% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
  • Harris, TX workers work 41/hrs per week on average.
  • The median worker income in Harris, TX is $29,087.
  • At the time of the last census, the Harris, TX unemployment rate was 7.3%.
  • Harris, TX has a poverty rate of 14.0%.

» More about the Harris economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below shows Harris, TX. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856