Fifth Street, TX

Population Demographics

  • 54.8% of the city's population is married. The other 45.2% are single.
  • The population of Fifth Street, TX is 2,486.
  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: Hispanic [94.8%], White [58.5%] and Black or African American [2.2%].
  • 66.2% of people in Fifth Street, TX were born U.S. citizens, while 33.8% were born outside of the country.
  • 42.1% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 3.4% have college degrees.
  • Men make up 53.6% of the population and women make up 46.4%.

» More about the Fifth Street Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The poverty rate for Fifth Street, TX is 23.0%.
  • Fifth Street, TX workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
  • At the time of the last census, the Fifth Street, TX unemployment rate was 15.1%.
  • Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 58.1% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 23.1% commute 25-45 mins, and 18.8% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
  • In Fifth Street, TX, the median worker income is $16,725. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.

» More about the Fifth Street economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • Homes have 5 rooms on average.
  • Rentals are 46.0% of homes and 43.3% of homes are occupied by their owners.
  • In Fifth Street, TX 1975 is the median year when homes were built.
  • For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $879/mo.

» More about the Fifth Street homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below shows Fifth Street, TX. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

77477  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856