- 54.8% of the city's population is married. The other 45.2% are single.
- The population of Fifth Street, TX is 2,486.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: Hispanic [94.8%], White [58.5%] and Black or African American [2.2%].
- 66.2% of people in Fifth Street, TX were born U.S. citizens, while 33.8% were born outside of the country.
- 42.1% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 3.4% have college degrees.
- Men make up 53.6% of the population and women make up 46.4%.
- The poverty rate for Fifth Street, TX is 23.0%.
- Fifth Street, TX workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- At the time of the last census, the Fifth Street, TX unemployment rate was 15.1%.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 58.1% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 23.1% commute 25-45 mins, and 18.8% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- In Fifth Street, TX, the median worker income is $16,725. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- Homes have 5 rooms on average.
- Rentals are 46.0% of homes and 43.3% of homes are occupied by their owners.
- In Fifth Street, TX 1975 is the median year when homes were built.
- For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $879/mo.
The map below shows Fifth Street, TX. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.