Population Demographics

  • The population of El Paso, TX is 649,121.
  • The city's population is 19.9% college educated and 73.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • Men make up 48.0% of the population and females make up 52.0%.
  • 25.8% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 74.2% was born in the United States.
  • The city's residents are 51.7% married and 48.3% single.
  • The top three races (in population) are: White [80.8%], Hispanic [80.7%] and Black or African American [3.4%].

» More about the El Paso Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • El Paso, TX workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
  • As of the last census, the El Paso, TX unemployment rate of 7.2% was better than the 7.9% national average.
  • El Paso, TX has a poverty rate of 20.8%.
  • In El Paso, TX, the median worker income is $21,154. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
  • The break down for commute times in El Paso, TX is: 65.1% under 25 mins, 28.4% 25-45 mins, and 6.5% above 45 minutes.

» More about the El Paso economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $1,093/mo.
  • Rentals are 35.7% of homes and 56.6% of homes are occupied by their owners.
  • Homes are 40 years old on average here.
  • Homes have 5 rooms on average.

» More about the El Paso homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below contains El Paso, TX. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

79821   79835   79901   79902   79903   79904   79905   79906   79907   79908   79911   79912   79915   79920   79922   79924   79925   79927   79928   79930   79932   79934   79935   79936   79938   88063  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856