- The population of El Paso, TX is 649,121.
- The city's population is 19.9% college educated and 73.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Men make up 48.0% of the population and females make up 52.0%.
- 25.8% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 74.2% was born in the United States.
- The city's residents are 51.7% married and 48.3% single.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [80.8%], Hispanic [80.7%] and Black or African American [3.4%].
- El Paso, TX workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- As of the last census, the El Paso, TX unemployment rate of 7.2% was better than the 7.9% national average.
- El Paso, TX has a poverty rate of 20.8%.
- In El Paso, TX, the median worker income is $21,154. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- The break down for commute times in El Paso, TX is: 65.1% under 25 mins, 28.4% 25-45 mins, and 6.5% above 45 minutes.
- For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $1,093/mo.
- Rentals are 35.7% of homes and 56.6% of homes are occupied by their owners.
- Homes are 41 years old on average here.
- Homes have 5 rooms on average.
The map below contains El Paso, TX. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.