Population Demographics

  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [50.7%], Hispanic [42.4%] and Black or African American [25.0%].
  • 24.9% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 75.1% was born in the United States.
  • The city's population is 26.1% college educated and 72.9% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • The population of Dallas, TX is 1,197,816.
  • 55.0% of people in Dallas, TX are single and 45.0% are married.
  • Of the city's population 50.0% are men and 50.0% are females.

» More about the Dallas Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The Dallas, TX unemployment rate was 8.2%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
  • Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 56.4% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 30.5% commute 25-45 mins, and 13.1% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
  • The Dallas, TX poverty rate of 18.2% is higher than the national average.
  • Dallas, TX workers work 40/hrs per week on average.
  • The median worker income in Dallas, TX is $26,212.

» More about the Dallas economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $1,469/mo.
  • 39.9% of homes are owner occupied and 47.3% are rented.
  • The median number of rooms a home has is 5.
  • The median age of homes in Dallas, TX is 43 years.

» More about the Dallas homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below displays Dallas, TX. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

75001   75006   75007   75019   75032   75039   75041   75043   75050   75051   75052   75060   75061   75062   75063   75075   75080   75081   75087   75088   75089   75093   75098   75104   75115   75116   75126   75134   75141   75149   75150   75159   75166   75182   75201   75202   75203   75204   75205   75206   75207   75208   75209   75210   75211   75212   75214   75215   75216   75217   75218   75219   75220   75223   75224   75225   75226   75227   75228   75229   75230   75231   75232   75233   75234   75235   75236   75237   75238   75240   75241   75243   75244   75246   75247   75248   75249   75251   75252   75253   75254   75270   75287   75390  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856