Population Demographics

  • The state's population is 24.2% college educated and 80.0% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • Texas has a population of 25,145,561 and is the 2nd most populous state.
  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [70.4%], Hispanic [37.6%] and Black or African American [11.8%].
  • The state's population is 83.9% native born and 16.1% foreign born.
  • Of the state's population 49.6% are males and 50.4% are females.
  • 54.2% of the state's population is married. The other 45.8% are single.

» More about the Texas Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • In Texas, the median worker income is $27,330. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
  • Texas has a poverty rate of 14.3%.
  • As of the last census, the Texas unemployment rate of 7.0% was better than the 7.9% national average.
  • Texas workers work 40/hrs per week on average.
  • Of workers, 58.8% commute under 25 mins, 26.4% travel 25-45 mins, and 14.7% have a commute time of over 45 mins.

» More about the Texas economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below contains Texas. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856