- 93.9% of people in Memphis, TN were born U.S. citizens, while 6.1% were born outside of the country.
- The city's residents are 47.5% men and 52.5% females.
- Memphis, TN has a population of 646,889.
- 81.2% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 20.7% have college degrees.
- 62.9% of people in Memphis, TN are single and 37.1% are married.
- The majority (63.3%) of the Memphis, TN population is Black or African American.
- Memphis, TN has a poverty rate of 21.1%.
- The break down for commute times in Memphis, TN is: 66.2% under 25 mins, 26.9% 25-45 mins, and 7.0% above 45 minutes.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Memphis, TN.
- The median worker income in Memphis, TN is $24,311.
- As of the last census, the Memphis, TN unemployment rate of 12.5% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
- The typical home has 5 rooms.
- Rentals are 38.5% of homes and 44.7% of homes are occupied by their owners.
- Homes are 49 years old on average here.
- $1,195 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
The map below contains Memphis, TN. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.