- The state's residents are 53.8% married and 46.2% single.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [77.6%], Black or African American [16.7%] and Hispanic [4.6%].
- 95.6% of people in Tennessee were born U.S. citizens, while 4.4% were born outside of the country.
- Tennessee has a population of 6,346,105 and is the 17th most populous state.
- 82.5% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 21.2% have college degrees.
- Of the state's population 48.7% are males and 51.3% are women.
- As of the last census, the Tennessee unemployment rate of 8.6% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
- Tennessee has a poverty rate of 14.5%.
- Tennessee workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- The median worker income in Tennessee is $26,372.
- Of workers, 60.7% commute under 25 mins, 26.7% travel 25-45 mins, and 12.6% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
The map below contains Tennessee. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.