- The top three races (in population) are: White [66.2%], Black or African American [27.9%] and Hispanic [5.1%].
- 47.5% of people in South Carolina are single and 52.5% are married.
- 4.7% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 95.3% was born in the United States.
- Men make up 48.6% of the population and females make up 51.4%.
- South Carolina has a population of 4,625,364 and is the 24th most populous state.
- 83.0% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 22.6% have college degrees.
- Of workers, 62.8% commute under 25 mins, 25.5% travel 25-45 mins, and 11.7% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- In South Carolina, the median worker income is $26,226. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- The average worker works 39 hours a week in South Carolina.
- As of the last census, the South Carolina unemployment rate of 9.3% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
- The poverty rate for South Carolina is 14.4%.
The map below contains South Carolina. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.