- The state's population is 87.4% native born and 12.6% foreign born.
- Rhode Island has a population of 1,052,567 and is the 44th most populous state.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [81.4%], Hispanic [12.4%] and Black or African American [5.7%].
- The state's population is 28.2% college educated and 83.7% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Men make up 48.3% of the population and women make up 51.7%.
- The state's residents are 48.2% married and 51.8% single.
- Rhode Island has a poverty rate of 11.1%.
- The median worker income in Rhode Island is $31,002.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 64.2% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 24.1% commute 25-45 mins, and 11.8% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Rhode Island.
- The Rhode Island unemployment rate was 8.0%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
The map below displays Rhode Island. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.