- Men make up 47.2% of the population and females make up 52.8%.
- 79.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 20.0% have college degrees.
- 65.7% of people in Philadelphia, PA are single and 34.3% are married.
- The top three races (in population) are: Black or African American [43.4%], White [41.0%] and Hispanic [12.3%].
- 11.5% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 88.5% was born in the United States.
- The population of Philadelphia, PA is 1,526,006.
- In Philadelphia, PA, the median worker income is $27,392. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- The break down for commute times in Philadelphia, PA is: 42.6% under 25 mins, 33.1% 25-45 mins, and 24.3% above 45 minutes.
- At the time of the last census, the Philadelphia, PA unemployment rate was 12.6%.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Philadelphia, PA.
- Philadelphia, PA has a poverty rate of 22.3%.
- 38.4% of the homes are rentals and 47.5% are occupied by their owners.
- The typical home has 6 rooms.
- $1,201 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
- Homes are 71 years old on average here.
The map below shows Philadelphia, PA. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.