Philadelphia, PA

Population Demographics

  • Men make up 47.2% of the population and females make up 52.8%.
  • 79.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 20.0% have college degrees.
  • 65.7% of people in Philadelphia, PA are single and 34.3% are married.
  • The top three races (in population) are: Black or African American [43.4%], White [41.0%] and Hispanic [12.3%].
  • 11.5% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 88.5% was born in the United States.
  • The population of Philadelphia, PA is 1,526,006.

» More about the Philadelphia Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • In Philadelphia, PA, the median worker income is $27,392. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
  • The break down for commute times in Philadelphia, PA is: 42.6% under 25 mins, 33.1% 25-45 mins, and 24.3% above 45 minutes.
  • At the time of the last census, the Philadelphia, PA unemployment rate was 12.6%.
  • Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Philadelphia, PA.
  • Philadelphia, PA has a poverty rate of 22.3%.

» More about the Philadelphia economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • 38.4% of the homes are rentals and 47.5% are occupied by their owners.
  • The typical home has 6 rooms.
  • $1,201 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
  • Homes are 71 years old on average here.

» More about the Philadelphia homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below shows Philadelphia, PA. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

19102   19103   19104   19106   19107   19109   19111   19112   19114   19115   19116   19118   19119   19120   19121   19122   19123   19124   19125   19126   19127   19128   19129   19130   19131   19132   19133   19134   19135   19136   19137   19138   19139   19140   19141   19142   19143   19144   19145   19146   19147   19148   19149   19150   19151   19152   19153   19154  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856