- The population of Philadelphia, PA is 1,526,006.
- 34.3% of the county's population is married. The other 65.7% are single.
- The top three races (in population) are: Black or African American [43.4%], White [41.0%] and Hispanic [12.3%].
- 79.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 20.0% have college degrees.
- The county's population is 88.5% native born and 11.5% foreign born.
- Men make up 47.2% of the population and women make up 52.8%.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Philadelphia, PA.
- Of workers, 42.6% commute under 25 mins, 33.1% travel 25-45 mins, and 24.3% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- At the time of the last census, the Philadelphia, PA unemployment rate was 12.6%.
- The median worker income in Philadelphia, PA is $27,392.
- The Philadelphia, PA poverty rate of 22.3% is higher than the national average.
The map below shows Philadelphia, PA. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.