Philadelphia, PA

Population Demographics

  • The population of Philadelphia, PA is 1,526,006.
  • 34.3% of the county's population is married. The other 65.7% are single.
  • The top three races (in population) are: Black or African American [43.4%], White [41.0%] and Hispanic [12.3%].
  • 79.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 20.0% have college degrees.
  • The county's population is 88.5% native born and 11.5% foreign born.
  • Men make up 47.2% of the population and women make up 52.8%.

» More about the Philadelphia Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Philadelphia, PA.
  • Of workers, 42.6% commute under 25 mins, 33.1% travel 25-45 mins, and 24.3% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
  • At the time of the last census, the Philadelphia, PA unemployment rate was 12.6%.
  • The median worker income in Philadelphia, PA is $27,392.
  • The Philadelphia, PA poverty rate of 22.3% is higher than the national average.

» More about the Philadelphia economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below shows Philadelphia, PA. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856