- The state's population is 94.4% native born and 5.6% foreign born.
- Men make up 48.7% of the population and females make up 51.3%.
- 47.9% of people in Pennsylvania are single and 52.1% are married.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [81.9%], Black or African American [10.8%] and Hispanic [5.7%].
- The state's population is 24.5% college educated and 87.4% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Pennsylvania has the 6th largest state population. It has a population of 12,702,379 people.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 58.6% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 25.4% commute 25-45 mins, and 16.0% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- The poverty rate for Pennsylvania is 11.1%.
- At the time of the last census, the Pennsylvania unemployment rate was 7.3%.
- The median worker income in Pennsylvania is $29,618.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Pennsylvania.
The map below shows Pennsylvania. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.