Population Demographics

  • Of the state's population 49.5% are males and 50.5% are females.
  • The state's population is 26.6% college educated and 88.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • The majority (83.6%) of the Oregon population is White.
  • The state's residents are 53.3% married and 46.7% single.
  • 9.7% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 90.3% was born in the United States.
  • The population of Oregon is 3,831,074, making it the 27th most populated state.

» More about the Oregon Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • In Oregon, the median worker income is $26,850. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
  • Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 65.8% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 23.2% commute 25-45 mins, and 11.0% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
  • As of the last census, the Oregon unemployment rate of 8.7% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
  • Oregon has a poverty rate of 12.9%.
  • Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Oregon.

» More about the Oregon economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below contains Oregon. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856