Population Demographics

  • 45.5% of people in Oklahoma are single and 54.5% are married.
  • The top three races (in population) are: White [72.2%], Hispanic [8.9%] and American Indian and Alaska Native [8.6%].
  • Men make up 49.5% of the population and women make up 50.5%.
  • Oklahoma has a population of 3,751,351 people. That is the 28th largest state population
  • 5.2% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 94.8% was born in the United States.
  • The state's population is 21.2% college educated and 85.4% have a high school diploma or a GED.

» More about the Oklahoma Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The poverty rate for Oklahoma is 14.1%.
  • In Oklahoma, the median worker income is $25,386. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
  • The break down for commute times in Oklahoma is: 70.0% under 25 mins, 21.1% 25-45 mins, and 8.9% above 45 minutes.
  • Typically, people work 40/hrs per week in Oklahoma.
  • As of the last census, the Oklahoma unemployment rate of 6.2% was better than the 7.9% national average.

» More about the Oklahoma economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below contains Oklahoma. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856