- Columbus, OH has a population of 787,033.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [61.5%], Black or African American [28.0%] and Hispanic [5.6%].
- Men make up 48.8% of the population and females make up 51.2%.
- 89.9% of people in Columbus, OH were born U.S. citizens, while 10.1% were born outside of the country.
- 59.6% of people in Columbus, OH are single and 40.4% are married.
- 87.3% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 30.1% have college degrees.
- At the time of the last census, the Columbus, OH unemployment rate was 8.9%.
- In Columbus, OH, the median worker income is $27,836. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Columbus, OH.
- Columbus, OH has a poverty rate of 19.0%.
- The break down for commute times in Columbus, OH is: 69.6% under 25 mins, 24.9% 25-45 mins, and 5.6% above 45 minutes.
- For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $1,313/mo.
- The typical home has 5 rooms.
- Homes are 45 years old on average here.
- 43.4% of the homes are rentals and 42.5% are occupied by their owners.
The map below shows Columbus, OH. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.