- The population of Yonkers, NY is 195,976.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [55.8%], Hispanic [34.7%] and Black or African American [18.7%].
- Of the city's population 47.4% are males and 52.6% are women.
- The city's residents are 48.6% married and 51.4% single.
- 80.9% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 27.0% have college degrees.
- The city's population is 69.8% native born and 30.2% foreign born.
- The break down for commute times in Yonkers, NY is: 43.4% under 25 mins, 28.1% 25-45 mins, and 28.6% above 45 minutes.
- The Yonkers, NY unemployment rate was 7.0%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
- The median worker income in Yonkers, NY is $36,483.
- Yonkers, NY workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- The Yonkers, NY poverty rate of 11.7% is lower than the national average.
- $2,363 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
- The median age of homes in Yonkers, NY is 61 years.
- The median number of rooms a home has is 4.
- 44.6% of homes are owner occupied and 48.9% are rented.
The map below displays Yonkers, NY. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.