Population Demographics

  • The top three races (in population) are: White [74.7%], Hispanic [20.0%] and Asian [8.0%].
  • The city's residents are 46.7% men and 53.3% women.
  • The city's residents are 46.4% married and 53.6% single.
  • 28.8% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 71.2% was born in the United States.
  • The population of Tarrytown, NY is 11,277.
  • The city's population is 52.5% college educated and 93.4% have a high school diploma or a GED.

» More about the Tarrytown Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 54.7% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 19.9% commute 25-45 mins, and 25.4% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
  • The median worker income in Tarrytown, NY is $37,952.
  • Typically, people work 37/hrs per week in Tarrytown, NY.
  • Tarrytown, NY has a poverty rate of 5.9%.
  • At the time of the last census, the Tarrytown, NY unemployment rate was 9.0%.

» More about the Tarrytown economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • Homes have 5 rooms on average.
  • For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $3,117/mo.
  • Rentals are 44.8% of homes and 50.8% of homes are occupied by their owners.
  • In Tarrytown, NY 1953 is the median year when homes were built.

» More about the Tarrytown homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below shows Tarrytown, NY. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

10533   10591  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856