Population Demographics

  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [87.1%], Asian [7.9%] and Hispanic [6.2%].
  • 35.6% of people in Irvington, NY are single and 64.4% are married.
  • The city's residents are 47.5% men and 52.5% females.
  • The population of Irvington, NY is 6,420.
  • 98.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 49.8% have college degrees.
  • 13.8% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 86.2% was born in the United States.

» More about the Irvington Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The Irvington, NY unemployment rate was 4.0%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
  • The average worker works 41 hours a week in Irvington, NY.
  • In Irvington, NY, the median worker income is $68,750. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
  • Irvington, NY has a poverty rate of 2.4%.
  • The break down for commute times in Irvington, NY is: 36.4% under 25 mins, 27.7% 25-45 mins, and 35.9% above 45 minutes.

» More about the Irvington economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • The typical home has 6 rooms.
  • 18.0% of the homes are rentals and 80.1% are occupied by their owners.
  • $3,325 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
  • The median age of homes in Irvington, NY is 59 years.

» More about the Irvington homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below displays Irvington, NY. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

10503   10533   10591  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856