- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [42.8%], Black or African American [34.3%] and Hispanic [19.8%].
- Men make up 47.2% of the population and females make up 52.8%.
- 77.8% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 26.6% have college degrees.
- Kings, NY has a population of 2,504,700.
- 37.4% of the county's population was not born in the United States. The other 62.6% was born in the United States.
- 44.8% of the county's population is married. The other 55.2% are single.
- Of workers, 24.5% commute under 25 mins, 29.8% travel 25-45 mins, and 45.7% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- Kings, NY has a poverty rate of 19.3%.
- The average worker works 39 hours a week in Kings, NY.
- As of the last census, the Kings, NY unemployment rate of 8.4% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
- The median worker income in Kings, NY is $31,282.
The map below contains Kings, NY. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.