Population Demographics

  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [42.8%], Black or African American [34.3%] and Hispanic [19.8%].
  • Men make up 47.2% of the population and females make up 52.8%.
  • 77.8% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 26.6% have college degrees.
  • Kings, NY has a population of 2,504,700.
  • 37.4% of the county's population was not born in the United States. The other 62.6% was born in the United States.
  • 44.8% of the county's population is married. The other 55.2% are single.

» More about the Kings Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • Of workers, 24.5% commute under 25 mins, 29.8% travel 25-45 mins, and 45.7% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
  • Kings, NY has a poverty rate of 19.3%.
  • The average worker works 39 hours a week in Kings, NY.
  • As of the last census, the Kings, NY unemployment rate of 8.4% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
  • The median worker income in Kings, NY is $31,282.

» More about the Kings economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below contains Kings, NY. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856