- The top three races (in population) are: White [65.7%], Hispanic [17.6%] and Black or African American [15.9%].
- 49.1% of the state's population is married. The other 50.9% are single.
- Of the state's population 48.4% are males and 51.6% are females.
- New York has a population of 19,378,102 people. That is the 3rd largest state population
- 84.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 29.4% have college degrees.
- 21.7% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 78.3% was born in the United States.
- In New York, the median worker income is $32,436. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 47.5% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 26.3% commute 25-45 mins, and 26.2% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- The New York unemployment rate was 7.5%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
- The New York poverty rate of 12.7% is higher than the national average.
- The average worker works 39 hours a week in New York.
The map below displays New York. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.