- 80.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 14.1% have college degrees.
- 24.2% of the city's population is married. The other 75.8% are single.
- The city's residents are 51.3% men and 48.7% females.
- The population of Talpa, NM is 778.
- 100.0% of people in Talpa, NM were born U.S. citizens, while 0.0% were born outside of the country.
- The top three races (in population) are: Hispanic [74.7%], White [61.3%] and Two or more races [5.4%].
- The Talpa, NM poverty rate of 4.5% is lower than the national average.
- The median worker income in Talpa, NM is $19,645.
- Typically, people work 39/hrs per week in Talpa, NM.
- The break down for commute times in Talpa, NM is: 89.7% under 25 mins, 7.4% 25-45 mins, and 2.9% above 45 minutes.
- The Talpa, NM unemployment rate was 31.9%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
- $1,317 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
- The typical home has 5 rooms.
- The median age of homes in Talpa, NM is 53 years.
- 57.9% of homes are owner occupied and 23.3% are rented.
The map below displays Talpa, NM. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.