Population Demographics

  • 80.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 14.1% have college degrees.
  • 24.2% of the city's population is married. The other 75.8% are single.
  • The city's residents are 51.3% men and 48.7% females.
  • The population of Talpa, NM is 778.
  • 100.0% of people in Talpa, NM were born U.S. citizens, while 0.0% were born outside of the country.
  • The top three races (in population) are: Hispanic [74.7%], White [61.3%] and Two or more races [5.4%].

» More about the Talpa Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The Talpa, NM poverty rate of 4.5% is lower than the national average.
  • The median worker income in Talpa, NM is $19,645.
  • Typically, people work 39/hrs per week in Talpa, NM.
  • The break down for commute times in Talpa, NM is: 89.7% under 25 mins, 7.4% 25-45 mins, and 2.9% above 45 minutes.
  • The Talpa, NM unemployment rate was 31.9%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.

» More about the Talpa economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • $1,317 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
  • The typical home has 5 rooms.
  • The median age of homes in Talpa, NM is 53 years.
  • 57.9% of homes are owner occupied and 23.3% are rented.

» More about the Talpa homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below displays Talpa, NM. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

87557   87571  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856