- 82.7% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 23.8% have college degrees.
- The state's residents are 50.0% married and 50.0% single.
- New Mexico has the 37th largest state population. It has a population of 2,059,179 people.
- 90.3% of people in New Mexico were born U.S. citizens, while 9.7% were born outside of the country.
- The state's residents are 49.4% males and 50.6% women.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [68.4%], Hispanic [46.3%] and American Indian and Alaska Native [9.4%].
- The median worker income in New Mexico is $25,115.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 67.9% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 21.2% commute 25-45 mins, and 10.9% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- New Mexico workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- The New Mexico unemployment rate was 7.2%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
- The poverty rate for New Mexico is 16.0%.
The map below displays New Mexico. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.