- The state's residents are 52.9% married and 47.1% single.
- 87.3% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 32.2% have college degrees.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [68.6%], Hispanic [17.7%] and Black or African American [13.7%].
- 20.3% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 79.7% was born in the United States.
- Of the state's population 48.7% are men and 51.3% are women.
- New Jersey has a population of 8,791,894 and is the 11th most populous state.
- The poverty rate for New Jersey is 8.1%.
- The break down for commute times in New Jersey is: 50.6% under 25 mins, 26.4% 25-45 mins, and 23.1% above 45 minutes.
- In New Jersey, the median worker income is $38,235. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
- New Jersey workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- The New Jersey unemployment rate was 7.8%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
The map below displays New Jersey. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.