New Hampshire Overview

Population Demographics

  • The state's residents are 55.3% married and 44.7% single.
  • 5.3% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 94.7% was born in the United States.
  • The majority (93.9%) of the New Hampshire population is White.
  • The state's population is 31.0% college educated and 90.9% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • Of the state's population 49.3% are males and 50.7% are females.
  • New Hampshire has a population of 1,316,470 people. That is the 43rd largest state population

» More about the New Hampshire Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 58.4% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 25.3% commute 25-45 mins, and 16.4% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
  • At the time of the last census, the New Hampshire unemployment rate was 5.9%.
  • In New Hampshire, the median worker income is $32,827. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
  • The average worker works 38 hours a week in New Hampshire.
  • New Hampshire has a poverty rate of 7.4%.

» More about the New Hampshire economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below shows New Hampshire. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856