- 45.7% of people in North Dakota are single and 54.3% are married.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [90.0%], American Indian and Alaska Native [5.4%] and Hispanic [2.0%].
- North Dakota has a population of 672,591 and is the 49th most populous state.
- 89.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 25.1% have college degrees.
- 97.6% of people in North Dakota were born U.S. citizens, while 2.4% were born outside of the country.
- Of the state's population 50.5% are males and 49.5% are females.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 83.7% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 10.3% commute 25-45 mins, and 6.1% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- The median worker income in North Dakota is $26,117.
- Typically, people work 40/hrs per week in North Dakota.
- North Dakota has a poverty rate of 11.9%.
- The North Dakota unemployment rate was 3.6%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
The map below displays North Dakota. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.