Population Demographics

  • Hampstead, NC has a population of 4,083.
  • The majority (91.9%) of the Hampstead, NC population is White.
  • 2.1% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 97.9% was born in the United States.
  • 91.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 20.7% have college degrees.
  • 62.8% of the city's population is married. The other 37.2% are single.
  • Of the city's population 49.6% are males and 50.4% are females.

» More about the Hampstead Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The break down for commute times in Hampstead, NC is: 56.5% under 25 mins, 33.0% 25-45 mins, and 10.5% above 45 minutes.
  • The average worker works 39 hours a week in Hampstead, NC.
  • The Hampstead, NC unemployment rate was 8.6%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
  • The Hampstead, NC poverty rate of 13.5% is higher than the national average.
  • In Hampstead, NC, the median worker income is $30,646. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.

» More about the Hampstead economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • The median age of homes in Hampstead, NC is 22 years.
  • Homes have 6 rooms on average.
  • $1,456 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
  • 67.4% of homes are owner occupied and 19.0% are rented.

» More about the Hampstead homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below displays Hampstead, NC. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

28411   28443  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856