- Hampstead, NC has a population of 4,083.
- The majority (91.9%) of the Hampstead, NC population is White.
- 2.1% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 97.9% was born in the United States.
- 91.4% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 20.7% have college degrees.
- 62.8% of the city's population is married. The other 37.2% are single.
- Of the city's population 49.6% are males and 50.4% are females.
- The break down for commute times in Hampstead, NC is: 56.5% under 25 mins, 33.0% 25-45 mins, and 10.5% above 45 minutes.
- The average worker works 39 hours a week in Hampstead, NC.
- The Hampstead, NC unemployment rate was 8.6%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
- The Hampstead, NC poverty rate of 13.5% is higher than the national average.
- In Hampstead, NC, the median worker income is $30,646. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
- The median age of homes in Hampstead, NC is 22 years.
- Homes have 6 rooms on average.
- $1,456 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
- 67.4% of homes are owner occupied and 19.0% are rented.
The map below displays Hampstead, NC. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.