- The population of Charlotte, NC is 731,424.
- The majority (50.0%) of the Charlotte, NC population is White.
- The city's population is 36.7% college educated and 87.4% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- 14.6% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 85.4% was born in the United States.
- 48.4% of the city's population is married. The other 51.6% are single.
- Men make up 48.3% of the population and women make up 51.7%.
- The poverty rate for Charlotte, NC is 12.3%.
- The average worker works 40 hours a week in Charlotte, NC.
- Of workers, 59.1% commute under 25 mins, 30.1% travel 25-45 mins, and 10.8% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- The Charlotte, NC unemployment rate was 9.2%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
- The median worker income in Charlotte, NC is $30,936.
- The typical home has 5 rooms.
- For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $1,420/mo.
- Homes are 31 years old on average here.
- 53.6% of homes are owner occupied and 36.8% are rented.
The map below displays Charlotte, NC. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.