- The state's residents are 50.2% males and 49.8% women.
- 55.8% of the state's population is married. The other 44.2% are single.
- 91.0% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 26.1% have college degrees.
- The state's population is 98.0% native born and 2.0% foreign born.
- Montana has the 45th largest state population. It has a population of 989,415 people.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [89.4%], American Indian and Alaska Native [6.3%] and Hispanic [2.9%].
- Montana has a poverty rate of 13.3%.
- At the time of the last census, the Montana unemployment rate was 5.7%.
- Typically, people work 39/hrs per week in Montana.
- In Montana, the median worker income is $23,639. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- The break down for commute times in Montana is: 79.5% under 25 mins, 13.3% 25-45 mins, and 7.2% above 45 minutes.
The map below shows Montana. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.