Population Demographics

  • The state's residents are 50.2% males and 49.8% women.
  • 55.8% of the state's population is married. The other 44.2% are single.
  • 91.0% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 26.1% have college degrees.
  • The state's population is 98.0% native born and 2.0% foreign born.
  • Montana has the 45th largest state population. It has a population of 989,415 people.
  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [89.4%], American Indian and Alaska Native [6.3%] and Hispanic [2.9%].

» More about the Montana Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • Montana has a poverty rate of 13.3%.
  • At the time of the last census, the Montana unemployment rate was 5.7%.
  • Typically, people work 39/hrs per week in Montana.
  • In Montana, the median worker income is $23,639. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
  • The break down for commute times in Montana is: 79.5% under 25 mins, 13.3% 25-45 mins, and 7.2% above 45 minutes.

» More about the Montana economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below shows Montana. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856