- 49.8% of the state's population is married. The other 50.2% are single.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [59.1%], Black or African American [37.0%] and Hispanic [2.7%].
- 79.6% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 18.2% have college degrees.
- 2.2% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 97.8% was born in the United States.
- The population of Mississippi is 2,967,297, making it the 32nd most populated state.
- Of the state's population 48.6% are males and 51.4% are females.
- Of workers, 63.3% commute under 25 mins, 24.0% travel 25-45 mins, and 12.7% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- The average worker works 40 hours a week in Mississippi.
- In Mississippi, the median worker income is $24,372. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- At the time of the last census, the Mississippi unemployment rate was 9.6%.
- Mississippi has a poverty rate of 18.4%.
The map below shows Mississippi. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.