- 54.9% of the state's population is married. The other 45.1% are single.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [85.3%], Black or African American [5.2%] and Hispanic [4.7%].
- 91.3% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 29.4% have college degrees.
- The population of Minnesota is 5,303,925, making it the 21st most populated state.
- 7.0% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 93.0% was born in the United States.
- The state's residents are 49.6% men and 50.4% women.
- The Minnesota unemployment rate was 6.4%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
- The poverty rate for Minnesota is 9.7%.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Minnesota.
- The median worker income in Minnesota is $31,502.
- Of workers, 64.1% commute under 25 mins, 24.9% travel 25-45 mins, and 11.1% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
The map below displays Minnesota. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.