- The city's population is 94.9% native born and 5.1% foreign born.
- The population of Detroit, MI is 713,777.
- The city's residents are 29.1% married and 70.9% single.
- The city's residents are 47.3% males and 52.7% women.
- The city's population is 11.0% college educated and 76.8% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: Black or African American [82.7%], White [10.6%] and Hispanic [6.8%].
- In Detroit, MI, the median worker income is $21,396. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- The poverty rate for Detroit, MI is 29.9%.
- As of the last census, the Detroit, MI unemployment rate of 24.8% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
- Typically, people work 37/hrs per week in Detroit, MI.
- The break down for commute times in Detroit, MI is: 55.1% under 25 mins, 31.3% 25-45 mins, and 13.6% above 45 minutes.
- The typical home has 6 rooms.
- The median age of homes in Detroit, MI is 72 years.
- $1,208 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
- Rentals are 33.8% of homes and 40.5% of homes are occupied by their owners.
The map below contains Detroit, MI. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.