- 88.0% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 23.4% have college degrees.
- The population of Michigan is 9,883,640, making it the 8th most populated state.
- 51.7% of the state's population is married. The other 48.3% are single.
- The majority (78.9%) of the Michigan population is White.
- Men make up 49.1% of the population and women make up 50.9%.
- 94.1% of people in Michigan were born U.S. citizens, while 5.9% were born outside of the country.
- Michigan has a poverty rate of 13.2%.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 61.6% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 25.7% commute 25-45 mins, and 12.8% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- In Michigan, the median worker income is $27,432. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- As of the last census, the Michigan unemployment rate of 11.5% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
- Michigan workers work 38/hrs per week on average.
The map below contains Michigan. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.