- 3.3% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 96.7% was born in the United States.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [95.2%], Two or more races [1.6%] and Hispanic [1.3%].
- 89.8% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 24.9% have college degrees.
- Of the state's population 48.9% are males and 51.1% are women.
- Maine has a population of 1,328,361 and is the 42nd most populous state.
- 46.1% of people in Maine are single and 53.9% are married.
- The Maine poverty rate of 11.5% is lower than the national average.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 64.6% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 22.9% commute 25-45 mins, and 12.5% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- The Maine unemployment rate was 6.5%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
- In Maine, the median worker income is $26,676. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- The average worker works 38 hours a week in Maine.
The map below displays Maine. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.