- The state's residents are 51.3% married and 48.7% single.
- Men make up 48.4% of the population and females make up 51.6%.
- Maryland has a population of 5,773,552 people. That is the 19th largest state population
- 86.8% of people in Maryland were born U.S. citizens, while 13.2% were born outside of the country.
- The state's population is 32.8% college educated and 87.8% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- The majority (58.2%) of the Maryland population is White.
- The median worker income in Maryland is $38,261.
- The average worker works 39 hours a week in Maryland.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 44.8% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 29.7% commute 25-45 mins, and 25.5% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- At the time of the last census, the Maryland unemployment rate was 6.6%.
- The Maryland poverty rate of 8.0% is lower than the national average.
The map below shows Maryland. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.