- The state's residents are 48.4% males and 51.6% females.
- Massachusetts has the 14th largest state population. It has a population of 6,547,629 people.
- 88.7% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 35.6% have college degrees.
- 14.5% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 85.5% was born in the United States.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [80.4%], Hispanic [9.6%] and Black or African American [6.6%].
- 50.1% of the state's population is married. The other 49.9% are single.
- The poverty rate for Massachusetts is 9.9%.
- Of workers, 53.0% commute under 25 mins, 27.6% travel 25-45 mins, and 19.3% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- As of the last census, the Massachusetts unemployment rate of 7.4% was better than the 7.9% national average.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Massachusetts.
- In Massachusetts, the median worker income is $35,703. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
The map below contains Massachusetts. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.