Marshall, KY

Population Demographics

  • The population of Marshall, KY is 31,448.
  • Of the county's population 49.2% are males and 50.8% are women.
  • The majority (98.3%) of the Marshall, KY population is White.
  • 0.9% of the county's population was not born in the United States. The other 99.1% was born in the United States.
  • The county's residents are 62.0% married and 38.0% single.
  • The county's population is 13.9% college educated and 83.2% have a high school diploma or a GED.

» More about the Marshall Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • Marshall, KY has a poverty rate of 10.4%.
  • The median worker income in Marshall, KY is $24,793.
  • Marshall, KY workers work 38/hrs per week on average.
  • The break down for commute times in Marshall, KY is: 66.9% under 25 mins, 24.3% 25-45 mins, and 8.8% above 45 minutes.
  • The Marshall, KY unemployment rate was 6.5%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.

» More about the Marshall economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below displays Marshall, KY. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856