- 54.1% of the state's population is married. The other 45.9% are single.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [87.8%], Black or African American [7.8%] and Hispanic [3.1%].
- The state's residents are 49.2% males and 50.8% females.
- The state's population is 18.7% college educated and 81.0% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- 3.1% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 96.9% was born in the United States.
- Kentucky has a population of 4,339,367 people. That is the 26th largest state population
- The poverty rate for Kentucky is 15.8%.
- Kentucky workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- The break down for commute times in Kentucky is: 65.6% under 25 mins, 23.6% 25-45 mins, and 10.9% above 45 minutes.
- In Kentucky, the median worker income is $25,866. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- At the time of the last census, the Kentucky unemployment rate was 8.2%.
The map below shows Kentucky. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.