Population Demographics

  • 54.1% of the state's population is married. The other 45.9% are single.
  • The top three races (in population) are: White [87.8%], Black or African American [7.8%] and Hispanic [3.1%].
  • The state's residents are 49.2% males and 50.8% females.
  • The state's population is 18.7% college educated and 81.0% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • 3.1% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 96.9% was born in the United States.
  • Kentucky has a population of 4,339,367 people. That is the 26th largest state population

» More about the Kentucky Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The poverty rate for Kentucky is 15.8%.
  • Kentucky workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
  • The break down for commute times in Kentucky is: 65.6% under 25 mins, 23.6% 25-45 mins, and 10.9% above 45 minutes.
  • In Kentucky, the median worker income is $25,866. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
  • At the time of the last census, the Kentucky unemployment rate was 8.2%.

» More about the Kentucky economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below shows Kentucky. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856