Population Demographics

  • The state's population is 93.7% native born and 6.3% foreign born.
  • 55.7% of the state's population is married. The other 44.3% are single.
  • Kansas has a population of 2,853,118 and is the 34th most populous state.
  • The state's residents are 49.6% men and 50.4% women.
  • 89.2% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 27.6% have college degrees.
  • The top three races (in population) are: White [83.8%], Hispanic [10.5%] and Black or African American [5.9%].

» More about the Kansas Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The median worker income in Kansas is $27,434.
  • Kansas workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
  • The poverty rate for Kansas is 11.2%.
  • Of workers, 74.4% commute under 25 mins, 18.8% travel 25-45 mins, and 6.8% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
  • As of the last census, the Kansas unemployment rate of 6.0% was better than the 7.9% national average.

» More about the Kansas economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below contains Kansas. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856