- Indianapolis city, IN has a population of 820,445.
- The city's population is 91.9% native born and 8.1% foreign born.
- 43.7% of the city's population is married. The other 56.3% are single.
- The majority (61.8%) of the Indianapolis city, IN population is White.
- The city's population is 25.2% college educated and 83.7% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- The city's residents are 48.3% men and 51.7% females.
- Indianapolis city, IN workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- The break down for commute times in Indianapolis city, IN is: 63.9% under 25 mins, 28.4% 25-45 mins, and 7.7% above 45 minutes.
- The Indianapolis city, IN unemployment rate was 10.2%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
- Indianapolis city, IN has a poverty rate of 15.2%.
- The median worker income in Indianapolis city, IN is $27,258.
- Homes are 49 years old on average here.
- Homes have 5 rooms on average.
- 35.8% of the homes are rentals and 49.7% are occupied by their owners.
- $1,175 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
The map below displays Indianapolis city, IN. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.