Indianapolis city, IN

Population Demographics

  • Indianapolis city, IN has a population of 820,445.
  • The city's population is 91.9% native born and 8.1% foreign born.
  • 43.7% of the city's population is married. The other 56.3% are single.
  • The majority (61.8%) of the Indianapolis city, IN population is White.
  • The city's population is 25.2% college educated and 83.7% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • The city's residents are 48.3% men and 51.7% females.

» More about the Indianapolis city Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • Indianapolis city, IN workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
  • The break down for commute times in Indianapolis city, IN is: 63.9% under 25 mins, 28.4% 25-45 mins, and 7.7% above 45 minutes.
  • The Indianapolis city, IN unemployment rate was 10.2%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
  • Indianapolis city, IN has a poverty rate of 15.2%.
  • The median worker income in Indianapolis city, IN is $27,258.

» More about the Indianapolis city economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • Homes are 49 years old on average here.
  • Homes have 5 rooms on average.
  • 35.8% of the homes are rentals and 49.7% are occupied by their owners.
  • $1,175 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.

» More about the Indianapolis city homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below displays Indianapolis city, IN. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

46077   46107   46113   46183   46201   46202   46203   46204   46205   46208   46214   46217   46218   46219   46220   46221   46222   46224   46225   46226   46227   46228   46229   46231   46234   46235   46236   46237   46239   46240   46241   46250   46254   46256   46259   46260   46268   46278  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856