- The top three races (in population) are: White [62.7%], Black or African American [26.7%] and Hispanic [9.3%].
- The county's population is 92.1% native born and 7.9% foreign born.
- The county's population is 25.2% college educated and 84.0% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Men make up 48.2% of the population and women make up 51.8%.
- Marion, IN has a population of 903,393.
- The county's residents are 44.2% married and 55.8% single.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the county. However, overall 63.8% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 28.5% commute 25-45 mins, and 7.7% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- Marion, IN has a poverty rate of 14.7%.
- Marion, IN workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- At the time of the last census, the Marion, IN unemployment rate was 10.0%.
- The median worker income in Marion, IN is $27,380.
The map below shows Marion, IN. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.