Population Demographics

  • Of the city's population 48.6% are males and 51.4% are females.
  • 66.5% of the city's population is married. The other 33.5% are single.
  • The city's population is 57.8% college educated and 98.5% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • The city's population is 93.2% native born and 6.8% foreign born.
  • Fishers, IN has a population of 76,794.
  • The majority (85.6%) of the Fishers, IN population is White.

» More about the Fishers Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • As of the last census, the Fishers, IN unemployment rate of 3.6% was better than the 7.9% national average.
  • The break down for commute times in Fishers, IN is: 49.4% under 25 mins, 37.7% 25-45 mins, and 12.9% above 45 minutes.
  • The average worker works 41 hours a week in Fishers, IN.
  • In Fishers, IN, the median worker income is $48,154. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
  • The poverty rate for Fishers, IN is 2.7%.

» More about the Fishers economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $1,654/mo.
  • Rentals are 17.2% of homes and 77.8% of homes are occupied by their owners.
  • Homes have 7 rooms on average.
  • The median age of homes in Fishers, IN is 20 years.

» More about the Fishers homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below contains Fishers, IN. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

46037   46038   46040   46055   46060   46250   46256  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856