- The state's population is 95.6% native born and 4.4% foreign born.
- The majority (84.3%) of the Indiana population is White.
- 86.2% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 21.0% have college degrees.
- 53.4% of the state's population is married. The other 46.6% are single.
- Of the state's population 49.2% are males and 50.8% are women.
- Indiana has a population of 6,483,802 and is the 15th most populous state.
- At the time of the last census, the Indiana unemployment rate was 8.4%.
- The median worker income in Indiana is $27,433.
- The average worker works 39 hours a week in Indiana.
- Of workers, 64.1% commute under 25 mins, 24.2% travel 25-45 mins, and 11.7% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- The poverty rate for Indiana is 11.9%.
The map below shows Indiana. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.