- 87.1% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 7.4% have college degrees.
- 57.4% of the city's population is married. The other 42.6% are single.
- 100.0% of people in Sumner, IL were born U.S. citizens, while 0.0% were born outside of the country.
- The top three races (in population) are: Black or African American [47.0%], White [44.8%] and Hispanic [12.7%].
- The population of Sumner, IL is 3,174.
- The city's residents are 86.3% men and 13.7% females.
- In Sumner, IL, the median worker income is $17,984. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- Typically, people work 40/hrs per week in Sumner, IL.
- The Sumner, IL poverty rate of 12.4% is higher than the national average.
- Of workers, 58.4% commute under 25 mins, 22.3% travel 25-45 mins, and 19.3% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- At the time of the last census, the Sumner, IL unemployment rate was 9.8%.
- Rentals are 27.7% of homes and 68.3% of homes are occupied by their owners.
- The median number of rooms a home has is 5.
- The median age of homes in Sumner, IL is 66 years.
- For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $830/mo.
The map below shows Sumner, IL. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.