Population Demographics

  • 87.1% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 7.4% have college degrees.
  • 57.4% of the city's population is married. The other 42.6% are single.
  • 100.0% of people in Sumner, IL were born U.S. citizens, while 0.0% were born outside of the country.
  • The top three races (in population) are: Black or African American [47.0%], White [44.8%] and Hispanic [12.7%].
  • The population of Sumner, IL is 3,174.
  • The city's residents are 86.3% men and 13.7% females.

» More about the Sumner Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • In Sumner, IL, the median worker income is $17,984. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
  • Typically, people work 40/hrs per week in Sumner, IL.
  • The Sumner, IL poverty rate of 12.4% is higher than the national average.
  • Of workers, 58.4% commute under 25 mins, 22.3% travel 25-45 mins, and 19.3% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
  • At the time of the last census, the Sumner, IL unemployment rate was 9.8%.

» More about the Sumner economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • Rentals are 27.7% of homes and 68.3% of homes are occupied by their owners.
  • The median number of rooms a home has is 5.
  • The median age of homes in Sumner, IL is 66 years.
  • For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $830/mo.

» More about the Sumner homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below shows Sumner, IL. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

62466  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856